I have friends who give the following reasons for not investing:
- I don't understand how the stock market works. It's like gambling to me. Buying papers and not real assets.
- I have seen people lose their money after investing it in the stock market.
- I would rather use my money to do business than invest it
- It is all lies and sham. Empty promises. I won't put my hard-earn money in stocks.
- I already have my money in special purpose savings account, isn't that investing?
- How do I avoid getting burned. I don't want to lose my money. How do I know which stock to buy, when to buy and when to sell?
- I didn't read finance or accounting, I don't understand all the investing terms that get thrown around.
- My income is not that big, I don't have spare money to invest
- I am just starting life. What am I going to invest for? I would rather spend my money wisely and build my career than do investment.
- I don't see any lasting gain in it.