I have learned enough to now build my own web applications. And now I need your help with ideas of what applications I should build.
Currently, the ideas I have are these:
- A stock analysis application. I have already gathered the financial reports of companies on the Nigerian Stock Exhange for the past 8 years (12 years for some) and created the quantitative analysis in Excel. Now I am trying to do it as a web application. You can go on it and pick a stock you are interested in analysing and see all its Income Statement, Balance Sheet Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Performance Ratios, Liquidity Ratios and Leverage Ratios. The main advantage of the app is that you can see for all the years at once and even run comparison between two or more stocks. It will have charts too and (as a premium feature) you can download the analysis.
- Nigerian Forex Calculator. It will allow you see the exchange rate of the Naira to other currencies in the world. The unique difference it will have is that it will do only Naira to/from other currencies. So would be easier to use for Nigerians that the one you have to scroll down to look for Naira and then pick the other currency. Also, I will give it a web service push function, so it will push to you daily the USD/NGN, GBP/NGN and EUR/NGN rates.
- Savings and Investment Calculator. It will help you know how much or how long you need to save or invest for to reach a particular investment goal. It will also help you calculate what your investment will be worth in a specific year if you set aside a specified amount monthly.
- Brain Quiz Application. Something to test your Naija sense. It will have questions only smart Nigerians will know the answers to. And I will allow people to contribute questions and there will be a leaderboard to show the smartest participants.
- Random Joke and Quote: Something to get you out of a moody mood. Just click on a button and you see a funny joke or a motivational quote. By the sixth time you are clicking on the button, you will be smiling and motivated, and should get back to work.