That is why I have decided to share today the strange things I have discovered about creativity.
1. Creativity is not effort based. No matter the effort I put in I never get as much creative writing done as when I get the inspiration at 7:00am.
2. Creativity is a habit. My creative writing skill is formed out of a discipline and dedication that is now a habit.
3. Creativity hates limitations and planning. I have never been able to plan my creative posts ahead. The ideas strike me at their own time and flow out in a way I can't predetermine. I often don't know how my writing will end or what points/arguments it will have till I am done writing it. And it's why my posts are sometimes harsh or too direct.
4. Creativity is separate from the personality of the vessel/author. Whoever tries to figure me out from my writings is going to have a wierd image of me. Sometimes, what I write shocks me. There is me and there is my work, and we are very different.
5. Creativity is unbridled and disruptive. Not only is creativity hateful of limitations and planning, it usually heads in a direction that raises eyebrows. It makes you do what will make others wonder why.
And those are the strange things about creativity.