Most people work a 9 hours a day, 5 days a week job. Mine is from the moment I wake up to the moment I force myself to go sleep so as to wake up early the next day. So I work an all (awake) hours a day and 7 days a week job. And sometimes with no break throughout the day. Yet I manage to do a blog post everyday.
I know it is an extremely intensive and consuming work life, but it's the only way I can grow my business. I am at the survival/start phase of my company and it is the phase where you give it your all. The harder you work at this phase, the quicker you'll get to the next phase and be able to slow down.
Almost everything I am doing at this phase is foundational. In the last one year:
- I have written from scratch the comprehensive Excel training manual I use,
- I have recorded a 7 hours video Excel course (took months to make)
- Started a monthly Excel training program
- Published a book
- Partnered with over 6 training organizations to handle their Excel courses
- Created a roadmap for my business
- Got myself invited for a radio programme as the sole guest
- Got myself invited for a Channels TV programme to talk about my field of expertise
- Learned like crazy on the job and wrote seemingly impossible programs for clients
- And most importantly, worked like crazy to become profitable after several months of living solely on my life savings (and finishing it)