Today, I am going to share with you tips to help you create a consistent and powerful image of yourself online. One you will be very proud of and that will bring the right personal and professional opportunities your way.
1. Be On LinkedIn
LinkedIn is the quickest way to create any to-be-seriously-taken image of yourself online. If you want to brand yourself as a Personal Development Coach, it is just as easy as putting it in your LinkedIn profile title. People take seriously what they read about you on LinkedIn. And you should put a very good looking professional portraying picture of yourself on LinkedIn. Not some selfie that you can't have printed on a newspaper article about you.
Here is a basic checklist of things to ensure are right about your LinkedIn profile:
- You should have a well filled LinkedIn profile.
- You should put up a proper profile picture
- You should connect with all the people you went to secondary school and university together
- You should connect with work colleagues and business contacts
- You should join Lagos Business Club group and other groups that interest you.
- You should sign up for the one-month free LinkedIn premium account. Make sure you cancel before the end of the one month free subscription. Here is the LinkedIn Premium subscription link.
- Follow the influential people you like.
- Don't be too silent on LinkedIn. Share useful content and if you can write articles. See examples of articles I have put up on my LinkedIn which have gotten me some business deals and new connections.
- Finally, view my very well made LinkedIn profile for ideas of what you can do to improve yours.