As a Telecoms guy, I will be sharing with you the lowdown of getting a Landline in Nigeria.
We all know that there are some needs, especially business ones, that only Landlines are ideal for. Your GSM phone can even put you at a (business) disadvantage if used to meet such needs.
Just imagine a company with no Landline, that in itself will mar the image of the company.
So how do you go about getting a Landline in Nigeria?
How are the fixed line telephone service providers in Nigeria?
I will list out the fixed line telephone service companies and then give you my intelligent review.
- 21st Century Technologies: They are arguably the best and most popular in Lagos. They provide fixed telephone line service over fibre for PABX lines or copper for single analog lines. They've got one of the best core infrastructure, same as VGCcom.
- VGC Communications (owned by MTN): They also provide quality service and use one of the best core infrastructure. If you are a business, I'll advise you get both 21st Century lines and VGC comm lines. That's what nearly all the big companies in Nigeria do. But MTN isn't aiming at growing this part of their biz, you will have to search through vconnect to reach them.
- Glo Landline: Yeah, Glo provides Landline services. And they're popular in the corporate Nigeria. But if you're a home user, I wouldn't recommend Glo.
- Swift Voice: Swift provides Landlines via VoIP (voice over IP). They are becoming very popular, their pricing is probably the most competitive. I hear they've got good support too.
- Monarch Communications: They are also popular and reputable.