Think of just a few years ago when there were no iPhones and Android phones. For some of us it's almost like a mystery how we survived then. Phones were basically for making phone calls, sending/receiving text messages, playing boring java games and listening to radio. But since the genuinely smartphones came out, everything changed.
- It wiped out the java game for mobile phones industry. (Remember waptrick?)
- It pretty much wiped out Nokia, Trium, Sagem, Siemens, Alcatel, NEC, Panasonic and Sharp from the phone manufacturing industry.
- It caused a reduction in the global sales of PCs
- It is currently giving telcos (e.g. MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat) lots of worries. People are prefering to Whatsapp, BBM, tweet and email than to make a phone call to pass the same message.
- Alaba International market is already suffering. People are watching movies on their phones rather than buying DVDs and VCDs.
- Google map on smartphone has changed how we drive to places we don't know.
- Some people even operate their business right from their smartphones