This information/post is grabbed from: http://schoolofdata.org/2016/02/10/apply-now-for-school-of-datas-2016-fellowship/
A thematic fellowship
In order to focus the training and learning experience the 2016 School of Data Fellows receive, the School of Data Fellowship Programme is taking a thematic approach. As a result, we will be prioritising candidates who: * possess experience in, and enthusiasm for, a specific area of data literacy training * can demonstrate links with an organisation practising in this defined area and/or links with an established network operating in the field
9 months to make an impact
The Fellowship will run from April to December 2016, and it entails 10 days a month of fellows’ time to work both offline with their local community carrying out trainings, supporting them on data-driven projects, and meeting their data needs on a flexible basis, as well as online with the global network, sharing learning via online skill-shares, blog posts and contributing to our online learning materials. Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of $1,000 USD a month to cover for their work.
- Available positions: up to 10 fellows, with 5 slots reserved for Data Journalism, Extractives Data and Responsible Data applications. Learn more.
- Application deadline: March 10, 2016, midnight GMT+0
- Duration: From April 1st, 2016 to December 31st, 2016
- Level of activity: 10 days per month
- Stipend: $1000 USD per month