Social media is increasingly becoming a platform of choice in building a reputable brand and a strong influence. It is a family of websites and applications that enable users to create and share content they find interesting and build an online community. It started as a way of helping individuals build a social network but businesses now use it to connect with their customers and reach new markets.
The major social media sites are:
Of the ten major social media sites the first five – Blogs, Facebook, Twitter , YouTube and LinkedIn – are most popular with businesses and professionals seeking to build their brand and grow their influence in their targeted market.
|Active users on the major social media sites (March 2015)|
According to Social Media Examiner’s 2014 Social Media Marketing report that surveyed over 2800 marketers worldwide on how they use social media to grow and promote their businesses:
- 92% indicated that social media plays a vital role in their business growth and promotion strategy,
- 68% use blogging to create an active community around their brand and build customer loyalty
- 28% are planning on using more of podcasting to reach new markets
- Facebook and LinkedIn were voted the two most important social networks for growing businesses,
- Original and value-packed content are the most important piece of growing a business’ online reputation
The report also revealed that having an active social media presence leads to increased exposure for the business and help build a loyal fan base.
|Benefits of social media marketing (>2800 respondents)|
We provide big brands a human made comprehensive report of their social media strategy and influence. It is different from software generated mass-produced reports that most other providers provide. Our solution is by a leading expert with the industry knowledge and Nigerian social media trend knowledge that he brings to bear in giving your company a very in-depth personalized report that shows how well your social media strategy is doing compared to industry average, the detailed analytics of your social media activities and relevant recommendations.